ALAN Picks: Call for Reviewers
Attention College Educators & Instructors
You can support ALAN Picks by sharing this Call for Reviewers with your current and future Education students. As a new semester approaches, please consider sharing this column and submission instructions with your students and encourage them to submit to ALAN Picks. It’s a great way for future educators to gain exposure to Young Adult and Middle Grade books as well as work on ideas of how they could use those books in the classroom. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at email@example.com.
Become a Reviewer
Have you thought about becoming a book reviewer for ALAN Picks? Now is the time to take that step! Have you read a really great book this summer? If it is a newly released or soon-to-be released middle grade or young adult novel or nonfiction book that you think would work in the classroom, contact ALAN Picks to submit your review!
We are always looking for book reviews to feature in the monthly ALAN Picks column. If there is a title you are interested in reviewing, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can submit reviews as often as you like. You can even partner with another educator and write a review together! It’s up to you!
Need ideas on what books to read and review? Here are a few:
- Any book in your ALAN Workshop book box
- Check out book award lists: 2022 Amelia Elizabeth Walden Book Award Finalists, National Book Awards, YALSA book awards, Walter Dean Myers Awards, ALA Awards
- Join Netgalley: Once you create an educator account, you can request digital ARCs (Advanced Release Copies) to review
How to Submit A Review
It’s pretty straightforward.
- Check out the format for past reviews written in 2022. ALAN Picks Submission Guidelines
- Let Richetta know what title you are interested in reviewing.
- Write your review.
- Email it to ALAN Picks Editor, Richetta Tooley at email@example.com. Rolling deadline: Submit by the 15th of the month for inclusion in the next month’s issue.