ALAN 2022 Workshop Attendee Info
Click here or read the details below about the 2022 ALAN Workshop from your president!
Dear ALAN 2022 Workshop Attendees:
Happy November! I’m counting the days until the 2022 ALAN Workshop, and I am thrilled you will be joining us as we come together in Anaheim!
Below are some details about the Sunday evening Author Meet & Greet, as well as about the workshop itself.
Sunday Evening Author Meet & Greet (5pm-7:30pm; Hilton Anaheim; California C/D Ballroom, 2nd floor)
- Your ALAN Workshop registration includes this fabulous event! Come take part in conversations with ALAN authors in a “speed dating” style! Back by popular demand, there will also be author Kahoot trivia! After spending time with the attending authors, enjoy mingling with ALAN friends you know and making some new friends, too! There will be an open air photo booth to capture all of your ALAN 2022 fun (with photo strips to take home!), so be sure to check that out!
- Please note, there will not be food or beverages provided this year. Please also note that masks will be required in the Author Meet & Greet room.
- There will be a room (Hilton; Carmel Room) for nursing parents and other parents who might need a break with their children throughout the duration of the Sunday evening event.
Monday and Tuesday Workshop (Hilton Anaheim; California C/D Ballroom, 2nd floor)
- The full workshop program can be found here. You will receive a paper copy of the program at the workshop. This year’s program will be a coloring book style, so bring your coloring supplies!
- There will be volunteers to help you carry your book box to your seat on Monday morning if you would like.
- Boxed lunches will be provided.
- There will also be a Historically Marginalized Community Luncheon for those interested in attending.
A note from the planning committee:
Join us for ALAN’s first affinity space for those who identify as historically marginalized: “Like Me: A Community Gathering.” During this lunch/social hour, we will build community and connect with new and familiar faces in a safe and welcoming environment.
We are asking students and teachers who identify as historically marginalized to add spoken word poetry, favorite book quotes, book talks, thoughts about book bans or any artistic expression to this flipgrid (https://bit.ly/3sXwa3d) that will be viewed during the luncheon.
We look forward to building community with you!
- There will be a room (Hilton; Carmel Room) for nursing parents and other parents who might need a break with their children throughout the duration of the workshop.
- There will not be a pop-up shipping station outside the workshop ballroom, however we are told there will be a shipping facility close by (down one escalator).
- Please use #ALAN22 to tag your workshop photos! If you would like to trade any of your books, please use #ALAN22Trades to help facilitate the book trading process.
I can’t wait to see all of you in less than two weeks!
2022 ALAN President