TAR Call for Student Cover Art!
The ALAN Review (TAR) is looking for cover art from students for our next 2 issues:
- YA in Action (activism in YA) due by 1/30
- Unthemed issue due by 5/01
As many of us are back with students in the classroom, we wanted to remind you of this opportunity for students to get a piece of their poetry published as cover art for TAR.
The guidelines are as follows:
- Art must be in the form of a found poem (See previous cover examples below)
- Must be in portrait orientation
- Text must be from a YA novel
- Poem should correspond to the theme of the issue (something about being online/virtual, activism, and then unthemed can be anything!)
- We prefer color, but black and white is fine as well.
If your student wants to submit a piece or has questions about the process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your student would receive a copy of the journal upon publication and a byline if they want to reveal their name! Feel free to circulate this with all the ELA teachers and librarians in your lives.